EastWest Releases VOICES OF OPERA, Featuring Soprano Larisa Martinez & Tenor Carlton Moe
ASTWEST is proud to announce the release of VOICES OF OPERA, a brand-new virtual instrument featuring the sensational vocals of soprano LARISA MARTINEZ (Andrea Bocelli) and tenor CARLTON MOE (Phantom of the Opera).
VOICES OF OPERA is perfect for any composer looking to add a pristine operatic
From the most awarded producers in the sounds industry, Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, VOICES OF OPERA is now available for purchase or as a
Heralded by the New York Times as an “ardent tenor,” Carlton Moe is currently performing as Ubaldo Piangi in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera, the longest running show on Broadway. His opera credits include Lakmé (Gerald), I Capuletti e I Montecchi (Tebaldo), The Mother of Us All (John Adams), Ernest Bloch’s Macbeth (Malcolm), and Roméo et Juliette (Tybalt). He has also performed as a soloist in major works such as Verdi’s Requiem, Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, Mozart’s Requiem, and Handel’s Messiah.
Pristine Recording Techniques
VOICES OF OPERA is a 40 GB collection of 229 multi-sampled vocal instruments across various categories, including:
- Sustain: 10 vocal instruments for both Soprano and Tenor consisting of single syllable vowels – Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh, Oo
- Staccato: 32 vocal instruments with a variety of short, single syllables. For Soprano: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kom, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Ra, Te, Toh, Voh. For Tenor: Bra, Cher, Ci, Don, Fa, Goh, Joh, Ki, Kon, Lu, Na, Oo, Prey, Te, Toh, Voh.
- Legato: 4 vocal instruments that playback true legato intervals up to an octave in either direction when playing in a legato fashion (connected notes) and a sustain sample layer when playing in a non-legato fashion (separation between notes). For both Soprano and Tenor, there is Ah Legato and Oh Legato.
- Combo: 8 vocal instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and use either the Mod Wheel or Round Robin programming techniques to determine how each play back. These include Sustain MOD, Legato MOD, and Staccato Combo RR.
- Words: 42 vocal instruments with performances of specific Italian words mapped chromatically across the keyboard. For both Soprano and Tenor, these include: Addio, Amore, Bravissimo, Cara, Caro, Cielo, Dolore, Donna, Ella, Fiore, Fortuna, Forza, Gloria, Insieme, Mai, Morte, Nobilta, Potere, Sacro, Signore, Vincero.
- Phrases: 36 full phrases and 84 sub-phrases from popular opera arias from the works of Verdi, Puccini, Mozart, Rossini, Bizet and more. There are 43 phrases and sub-phrases for Soprano, 40 phrases and sub-phrases for Tenor, and 37 Duet phrases and sub-phrases. Phrases were recorded in multiple keys. Sub-phrases, which are separate parts that make up a full phrase, can be switched using the Mod Wheel.
- Keyswitch: 9 instruments that combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and uses keyswitches to activate the desired articulation.
VOICES OF OPERA is a must-have collection to add some vocal magic to any project or add a unique texture to any style of music.
Price & Availability For the first two weeks, it will be available for purchase at a special introductory price of $199 at soundsonline.com. VOICES OF OPERA is also available as a free addition for all subscribers of ComposerCloud.