Graeme James The Long Way Home album and tour announced!
One of New Zealand’s most streamed indie artists, Graeme James releases his Nettwerk label debut album The Long Way Home – available everywhere.
Following his debut album of original songs News From Nowhere in 2016, The Long Way Home is an album that explores time and space through the motif of the journey.
“This album has a calm-before-the-storm perspective. It was
After making a move to Europe in 2018 and with a three month North American tour under his belt, Graeme is looking forward to coming home to play his new and old favourites for his kiwi fans.
With his shows regularly selling out and a raft of international
Tickets to his Long Way Home tour go on sale via www.graemejamesmusic.com on February 8th
GRAEME JAMES – THE LONG WAY HOME NEW ZEALAND TOUR
- April 24th- Nivara Lounge, HAMILTON
- May 2nd- The Globe, PALMERSTON NORTH
- May 3rd- Common Room, HASTINGS
- May 4th- San Fran, WELLINGTON
- May 10th- 4th Wall Theatre, NEW PLYMOUTH
- May 11th- Folk, TAURANGA
- May 16th- Le Cafe, PICTON
- May 17th- The Boathouse, NELSON
- May 18th- Blue Smoke, CHRISTCHURCH
- May 24th- Gin & Raspberry, WANAKA
- May 25th- Sherwood, QUEENSTOWN
- June 6th- The Tuning Fork, AUCKLAND
The Long Way Home is a warmly insightful, lushly layered modern folk album.
With a youthful romantic impulsiveness coursing through the album opener, “Night Train” through to lead single, “The Times Are Changing,” which boasts a tapestry of brightly strummed stringed instruments to the album’s title track which showcases Graeme’s gift for elegantly emotive ambience, it becomes clear why Graeme’s rich storytelling is critically acclaimed.
Graeme’s dynamically layered compositions feature him playing