KV331 Audio has announced their annual “SynthMaster Track Contest” with $2000 cash and software licenses prizes
• 1st place: will receive $1000 cash + SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license.
• 2nd place: will receive $600 cash + SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license.
• 3rd place: will receive $400 cash + SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license.
• 4th-10th place: will receive SynthMaster Everything Bundle Upgrade license.
• Other participants: will receive 2 preset bank licenses for free.
The rules of the contest are:
1. Any licensed user of SynthMaster, SynthMaster One, SynthMaster Player or SynthMaster Player for iPadcan enter this contest. Users who don’t have a license yet (but would like to enter the contest) can purchase a license during KV331 Audio’s 50% Off ‘Black Friday’ Sale.
2. The submitted track should be between 3 to 5 minutes.
3. The following are allowed to be used during the production of the track:
a. External effects
b. Vocals / vocal samples
c. Drum samples / drum synths
d. Acoustic instruments / sample libraries of acoustic instruments are allowed in a limited fashion:Up to 10% of the tracks in your project file can contain acoustic instruments.
4. The following are not allowed to be used during the production of the track:
a. External synths (hardware or software, doesn’t matter)
5. Presets from SynthMaster expansions or user presets can be used. Participants can request the two free preset banks they’d like to use in their song during the song contest period.
6. Participants are encouraged to design their own presets as user presets will have 10% weight during final voting.
7. Participants are encouraged to shoot a video of their project, as video content will have 20% weight during final voting.
8. The song links should be submitted to KV331 Audio by January 1, after being uploaded to file sharing services like Dropbox or Google Drive. The song should be in 320kbits/sec, 44.1kHz stereo MP3 format. While submitting the song links, participants should also include the following information as well:
a. Name of the DAW application
b. Names of the presets used in their song.
c. Custom presets they designed during the making of their track (not required, but will earn up to 10% extra points!)
d. Youtube link of their project video (not required, but will earn up to 20% extra points!)
9. Users should use KV331 Audio’s ‘contact us’ page for submitting the necessary information.
10. All songs will be uploaded to a new playlist on KV331 Audio’s SoundCloud channel and announced on their Facebook channel between January 1-January 5.
11. Public voting for the tracks will take place on KV331 Audio’s SoundCloud and Facebook channels between January 5-January 15. There will also be a private judge voting for the tracks. The judges will be determined by KV331 Audio internal team. The breakdown of the voting will be as follows:
a. 30% public voting
b. 40% private judge voting
c. 20% video content
d. 10% custom preset design
12. The top 10 results will be announced on January 20 and cash prizes will be paid in 7 business days via PayPal or wire transfer.
13. User presets will be released as a public preset bank on KV331 Audio’s web site after the contest.
14. KV331 Audio might require the top 10 contestants to submit their project files for the following purposes: a) to verify that the track has been created exclusively with SynthMaster, b) to create promotional content