Sampling Techniques for Modern Musicians with Yeuda Ben-Atar
Hal Leonard has released Sampling Techniques with Yeuda Ben-Atar, a new video course for Groove3 subscribers.
In 14 tutorials, Yeuda Ben-Atar takes us into the always innovative, often revolutionary, sometimes controversial world of this now essential audio practice. From rote fundamentals – What is a sampler? How do we use a sampler? – to the broadest and most complicated questions – How do we sample musical instruments? What and when should we sample? – this course serves as a guided exploration of the diverse equipment and techniques, such as
- Sampling with Ableton’s “Simpler” and advanced looping with “Sampler”
- Time stretching, voicing, and glide
- How to shape your samples with filters and envelopes
- How to use Low Frequency Oscillators
- Round Robin sampling, multi sampling, and granular sampling